Thank you for your interest in Infant Aquatics CT, a comprehensive swimming and aquatic survival program. As the only Instructor in the state, I would like to congratulate you on taking the first steps to safeguarding your child's life in and around the water!
It is my personal mission to do whatever is necessary to ensure that not one more child drowns. To learn more about me, please visit my direct website at www.infantaquaticsct.com. We focus on aquatic survival instruction for infants and young children, ages 6 months to 6 years. Since the American Academy of Pediatrics is now recommending survival swimming lessons for children as young as 1-year old, and due to the numerous drownings in our state, this form of instruction is vitally important to the safety and well-being of your child.
Infant Aquatics CT survival skills can and do save lives. However, the number one defense against drowning of young children is effective supervision. Your child is not the only one who learns during lessons. Part of my comprehensive program involves education about specific ways you can protect your children from water hazards. Survival swimming techniques are an integral part of your family's drowning prevention program.
What makes Infant Aquatics CT different than other swimming and water survival programs in New England?
- Infant Aquatics CT goes beyond traditional swimming lessons by ensuring that infants, toddlers and young children are taught survival skills to help them if they reach the water alone. Swimming is not a natural instinct for humans; it is a skill that must be learned and practiced.
- See results in weeks, not years!
- At the end of lessons, your child will be able to successfully demonstrate the age appropriate survival skills, including a roll from a face-down position to a face-up survival float and/or a swim-float-swim sequence.
- Your instructor will safely and gently guide your child through the process of learning his/her survival skills. These skills serve as a basis for a lifetime of fun, safety and enjoyment in and around the water. Give your children the gift of swimming, so that they have the skills necessary to safely enjoy the water!
- Your instructor recognizes that each child progresses at a different pace, has a different personality, and is at a different stage of development and coordination. Some will be very quick to acquire new skills while others, who may have a fear of water or who have learned ineffective behaviors in the water, may take a little more time. Personality also plays a key factor in learning. Our instructors will not rush a child, nor allow the parents to do so.
- We offer group classes that expose your children to exciting new ways to enjoy the water while practicing swimming with similarly aged and skilled children. This is also a great time for parents to get in the pool and have FUN with their little swimmers!
Dena Blum-Rothman is a certified Infant Aquatics Instructor.